Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Winnie's Jewelry

A side piece for the Winnifred costume.  I have an odd assortment of beads from old projects and then also just randomly picking up cheap ones.  This generally serves me well and it DEFINITELY came through for me when I went to try to assemble a necklace for my Winnifred costume.  The construction is fairly straightforward--there's a gold ring with a black bead suspended between it, then various shades of gold, red, etc.  I went with some wood beads that I've had forever but that I've never actually had a project for--they reminded me of the markings of the black flame candle, so I went with them as the filler beads.  The circle of gold I had to get a little creative--I didn't have the right gauge of gold wire without using copious amounts, but I did have a clip ring that was black...and some gold paint.  So after a little painting, I had a gold ring that I wired up with a black bead.  It's not exactly how the necklace looks, but it's definitely close enough for me.  Now I just have to figure out some suitable earrings...hmm...



**UPDATE**
Trying jewelry out with the wig
Earrings.  I didn't really have anything that would be suitable in my own stuff, so I ended up pulling out some instamorph and fashioning something.  They're not...ideal.  But for making them from literally what was around me, I'm calling them good.  I heated up the instamorph and had some gold pieces of wire that I had bent a bit so the instamorph had something to grab onto.  Once the instamorph had heated up, I formed it into diamond (ish) shapes and put the pieces of wire through them.  I ended up doing a second pair--the first ones being a little heavy.  I pulled out the gold paint and added a few coats.  Once dried, I added a purple gem and added some french hooks.  They're nice and light, so I'm calling this project done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment