Monday, October 7, 2019

Potion Light box

This is the guy's pic from the blog--his was 4 ft long
This was one project that I was worried I wouldn't get to.  Not because I didn't want it, but because it wasn't necessary, and it did involve a lot of work.  But.  Yesterday I went and got a bunch of the supplies and today I went ahead and assembled.  It's basically a potion light box.  Very simple construction--a basic frame, with a lid that has holes in the top to let light through--and then a florescent bar light that lights everything up from underneath.  The screws that I got ended up not working--but I had some other ones leftover from the graves that worked.  Originally I drilled large holes in the plywood, but upon experimenting, found that they were way too small--so I pulled out my jigsaw and made some awkward shapes to let a lot more light through.  I pulled out the witch kitchen box to make sure everything fit.  A lot of trial and error really.  Right now I'm waiting for the first coat of black to dry before doing at least one more coat.  I'm considering painting the interior of the frame a white just so that the paint will reflect the light a little better.  As for the bottles, I'm going to go with very colorful water and minimal stuff in the bottles.  And small labels to get the full lit up effect.  I'm following the plans of this guy that created it for a Harry Potter party (*swoon*) and while not without some road bumps, it's come together pretty easily.



**UPDATE**

Finished up the potion box and while I'm still playing around with the bottles--colors, stuff to put in them, here is a night shot with it in the window.  


**UPDATE**

I put some colored water polymer beads in a few of the jars--which make it look like there's some flotsam in there.  Definite improvement.  


No comments:

Post a Comment