Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Mandrake root

Just a quick little diy prop. I was looking for a few different things to put in the Sanderson cottage,  aka the witch kitchen and looked for some inspiration a la Google images.  Very helpful. One of the big ones is potion ingredients. Like root vegetable looking things and herbs. The herbs I've got covered but as I'm putting together a little work table, I wanted a prop.  So I found an old half torn apart fake floral bouquet-- flowers mostly gone,  but leaves still mostly all there.  I switched the orientation the leaves so that I could bend down the stems top something smaller.  I had some brown twine and took a loooong piece that I wrapped around and around the body.  I cut done much smaller pieces to tie around the body at various points. Then I unraveled the twine so that it was all frayed.  Very messy  business.



No comments:

Post a Comment