Saturday, October 12, 2019

Doorway to hell

I got the archway up!  Yay!  I made it last year for Stranger Things, but omg it was sooo nice to have an actual doorway--cut down on the wind quite a bit.  And it has the added bonus of presenting quite an intimidating entryway for potential trick or treaters and closes off the porch a bit for looky loo children.  They have to be pretty bold to come up the driveway and then actually go through the curtain I have set up.  Now on the archway, past Jess was looking out for future Jess and installed some LED strip lights on the archway--but with the RGB color wheel so that I could adjust them for any color/theme.  This is turning out to be perfect, because this year I'm all over the place with lighting--I've thought I wanted one scheme, then decide it's too much or too dark/light/gloomy/cheerful and then have to change everything.  So I definitely appreciate the ability to change color schemes with the touch of a button instead of changing out the bulbs.  But a slight hitch--while I had found the cord that connects to the lighting, I was having trouble finding the remote--nooooo!  Fortunately, Amazon had a replacement remote/sensor which turned out to be exactly what I needed, for like $6.  Sold.  Just tested it out, and the new sensor/remote works fabulously.  I set it to red, but I may be reassessing tonight once it gets dark.  In the meantime, I have a house to clean, and projects to wrap up!  Bzzzzz...

No comments:

Post a Comment