Monday, October 14, 2019

First carvings of the seasons

Joanns is the devil.  I mean...their notifications are.  The point is, I was greeted at the start of the day by a notification that ALL of their Halloween stuff was 70% off...just today.  So my day got a wee bit hijacked.  The main cool thing I got was actually something I had been eyeing over past trips--but not for $40 each--carvable pumpkins in black and white.  The black ones weren't ones I've seen before.  And then my Zombie Pumpkins guy came out with these gorgeous pair of skeleton silhouettes and it all brought it together.  So I spent this evening firing up the wood burner kit after putting in a brand new blade and carving them up.  I always forget that with the foam pumpkins I have to use the old fashioned transfer paper.  But fortunately I had been using it recently with the graves so the supplies were handy and the skill wasn't (too) rusty.  I like how they turned out--and how they complement my witch kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment