Thursday, October 24, 2019

Black flame candle

I made this little prop a while ago but never posted it.  So I needed a classic black flame candle from the movie--the catalyst that sets the whole plot in motion.  Now while I can't quite accomplish the actual flame being black, I wanted to have a candle that was semi similar to the original.  There's not a whoooole lot on the internet, but there was someone who had made an approximation of it and had a few pictures of the sides.  So I took those and made a piece that was the dimensions of a battery candle that had slightly melted in the sun and was expendable.  I printed it out and trimmed it to fit with a little extra to spare.  I mod podged it on over the candle.  Once that dried and I turned it on, it looked pretty good, but a lot of the markings were a little too faint for my taste.  So I went over them with a red sharpie.  I like the finished product....even if it doesn't have actual black flames.

5 comments:

  1. Would you be willing to share the graphic you used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant seem to find this imagine anywhere can you share please

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work! I have also been looking everywhere trying to find that graphic. Any chance you can point me in the right direction?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This graphic is just like the movie, better than other printables I've seen online. Is there anyway we can get this graphic to make our own candle?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh PLEASE share your file for the candle !!! PLEASEEEEE

    ReplyDelete