Sunday, October 15, 2023

Caverns of time

Side project.  I've been trying to figure out what to do with the big window.  I had gotten some led strip lights and wasn't sure what to actually do with them-- they were on sale for cheap and originally I had intended to put them at the bottom of the stalagmites. Didn't work out,  buuut, I was scrolling pinterest and found a guy who did silhouettes in his window with foam core and lights taped behind.  And a white background.  

So ignoring the fact that it was 2 in the morning, I gathered cardboard and the lights and my exactly knife.  I cut out spooky eyes I borrowed from zombie pumpkin Jack o lantern stencils, then taped the led strip lights up and down the cave silhouettes I cut out of a cardboard box.  

Next was to hang them in the window and figure out a light I liked.  Might have to play with it a bit, but the rainbow fade looks kind of cool.  

No comments:

Post a Comment