Monday, August 26, 2019

Hocus Pocus graves

I started in on the first step in the graves for this year's cemetery.  I splurged a bit and got the pink styrofoam that just has such a nicer cut and I've been cutting out transfer paper and putting down some of the gravestone info.  I'll probably end up with around 6-7 gravestones--the three sisters, the Binxes, Billy Butcherson, and I thought maybe one of the Salem witches.  Or possibly someone I'm forgetting.  So far so good--just lots of tedious transferring.  But I'd like to try to do each phase all at once--burning all at once, painting all at once, etc.  Just makes cleanup easier.  And graves are pretty much in my wheelhouse, I know how to do them at this point.  I am going to try a different base this year though--two block of wood on either side of the graves with long screws drilled through.  Hopefully they'll be weighty enough to combat the wind.

**UPDATE**
Forgot to update on these.  So I carved them all out, painted the lettering in white, and then painted around them with a darker gray.  I'm thinking the white lettering will light up a lot better at night.  It's actually rained a few nights and I originally accidentally left them in the rain, but it ended up being a good test for them.  None of them fell down (this will change in the grass), so the 2x4 wood was a good way to go.  They're ready to go in the front yard. 



No comments:

Post a Comment