Friday, July 12, 2019

Egyptian Molds

This project was for Halloween.  Not my Halloween, my uncle's, who is doing an Egyptian/cursed mummy tomb haunt this year.  He had been looking for some scarab beetles, but they are surprisingly hard to find in bulk, so I went about looking about how to get him some.  I found a site that claimed an easy way to make silicone molds.  Then I went and carved a scarab beetle (or at least, as depicted in Egyptian hieroglyphics) out of oven bake clay, along with a couple of other Egyptian symbols.  I unfortunately didn't take many pics of this as everything went pretty quickly and I got a lot of silicone on my hands and picking up my phone at that time seemed like a tremendously stupid idea.  I ended up with a bunch of silicone molds that my uncle could fill with plaster and make however many items he wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment