Saturday, September 15, 2018

Tunnel maps

Next up was a fun project:)  The tunnel maps in second season of Stranger Things make for an easy prop to make.  Aaaand, will hide the fact that I don't actually have the proper wallpaper for the Byers living room recreation.  The background will be yellow, and I found some wood paneling scene setter, but it was just going to be a lot of either work or money to recreate the hundreds of flowers needed for the wallpaper.  So my solution was to instead cover up much of the walls with the map that possessed Will makes.  Obviously I'm not going to try to make quite as many, but it should at least take up quite a bit of space.  I looked ahead and used a small box for the width of the tunnel so that it was uniform across all the pages, which hopefully will help when I construct it.

Channeling my inner kindergartner, I went to town with lots of paper and some crayons.  I'm trying to make enough joint and dead end pieces so that I have options when I put it together, but I'm guessing I might have to make a few extra pieces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment