Saturday, October 12, 2024

Spooky spooks

 The theme of Halloween this year ended up being one of slight laziness.  Still recovering from a tough year and so this year I'm going a bit easier on myself--no Halloween party that I have to clean the whole house for, just some fun side quests like visiting haunts and doing side projects.  So this year I have a narrative in my head, though I'm not sure if it actually translates to what the average passerby will see.  So there may be some tweaking as I come up with ideas to make it more obvious.  

Basically, I wanted to do ghosts as the theme.  The front yard was originally going to have a circle of dancing ghosts (always wanted to do one), and then I pulled out my skeletons that I tried to make it look like they were terrified of.  And THEN I found an actually scary ghost inflatable for sale that has flames and a beheaded skull.  So I thought it would be funny to put it behind the skeletons who are freaked out about the wee cute little ghost.  With a child skeleton clinging to the parent skeleton and pointing at the actually apparition behind them all.  



It made sense in my head. 

The front porch will be a spooky house lined with scary portraits, a sensory table of 'eyeballs' (aka water polymer beads, the jumbo kind).  The large window will have projected the atmos video of "Living portraits" that basically has still portraits that come alive.  I'm going to take the screen door out of the front door and make it look like a frame, and I'll dress up like one of the portraits and hand out 'boo bags' for trick-or-treaters.  A ghost bag with ghost stickers, a Halloween slap bracelet and candy (no one wants to get egged).  

Right now I'm painting some strapped together pool noodles that will (hopefully) function as a faux door for the front of the spooky house.  I found my fake eyeball doorbell.  So ideally they'll get the experience of ringing the doorbell, entering the spooky 'house' and then getting scared by the ghost portraits.  





No comments:

Post a Comment