Friday, October 28, 2016

Carving Night (part 4)

What's going to happen to the goat?!?
The final two carvings went down tonight.  One was from a leftover pumpkin that a friend had left on the last (group) carving night as it was way too stringy for the pattern she was attempting.  So Heifer International (my christmas charity) came out with some Halloween pumpkin stencils, one of which was a goat (that you can gift).  And it was a pretty simplistic pattern in that it had pretty small lines, not a whole lot of large pieces cut out.  Which was perfect for this super stringy pumpkin.  I was going to do the t-rex pattern anyways, but I figured I might as well have a bit of fun and recreate the goat scene from Jurassic Park.  And my teal funkin for the Teal pumpkin project I had carved a bit ago finished out the set.  I'm pleased with the result, and happy to be done carving.  Now I just need to watch them all for wilting and bathing.  I've got my large bucket of water.  Sunday will probably be giving them all 45 minute baths to rehydrate them so they're all looking their best for Monday night:)


No comments:

Post a Comment