Saturday, March 17, 2018

New toy!

Normal picture of the sketch
App picture of the sketch
Technically this isn't officially a Halloween thing...except that I'm going to use it for Halloween.  So thus it becomes a Halloween tool.  Yes. SO.  I found this thing called Elfinbook online.  And it was on sale for $20, and I figured hey, if it turns out crappish, only $20 out.  So it calls itself a digital notebook, which is slightly deceiving, but what it allows for is to do a sketch and then in conjunction with the app, allows you to take a suuuuper clean picture of the sketch to use digitally...like say, on a blog:)

I was skeptical, obviously, but it actually lives up to the hype.  It takes an amazingly clean pic of the sketch.  So I took a normal pic of the sketch, and then one using the app.  Now I could probably achieve the quality of the one on the right eventually with photoshop, cropping, etc.  But this does automatic cropping via a dark border all around the sides, and then brightens the contrast without losing any of the quality or pieces of the writing.  I was impressed.  Also impressive is that if you use the correct erasable ink pen, you can pop this notebook in the microwave for a minute (or wipe with a damp cloth) and erase the whole thing after you've loaded all your sketches into the app/cloud.  So it's very reusable.  I've been using a series of notebooks which are nice...but I tend to lose them, or end up just using a piece of paper so I can get it into my phone or blog so I can access it anytime without having to search for the notebook.  So this seems like a possible solution for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment