Thursday, October 26, 2017

It had to be snakes

Yay! The snakes are up!  And that right there is something I never would have thought.  Ugh.  So. Many. Snakes. So Sam came up with the idea of getting a video of snakes and using my projector to cast them all over the driveway.  I scoffed.  Surely not.  This is impossible.  Then I found some stuff.  Aka, a dvd made for projectors that involved the ability to loop video of snakes crawling around.  Also I found a mini projector I had bought years ago tucked away in a closet because it was too small (it was meant for more like business presentations and such).  But it's perfect to use for the driveway--not because it's all that big, but because it's not a couple hundred dollars like my nice big projector is.  So I'm not risking as much.  This is important.  So after some tweaking of items, I figured out a way to hang the mini projector (also easier to do when it's not a large one) so that it fell on the driveway.  There's also a setting on the dvd that allows for different light modes, one of which is a moving flashlight.  This is perfect, as the area the projector hits isn't that large, but it gives the illusion that it's larger than expected.  And when all was set up...it creepy.  I mean even Sam, who has no real phobia of snakes...was creeped out.  So YAY!  That was the last real bit of setup for Halloween decor, except maybe some dry ice in the water bucket on the day of.  But I'm super happy about getting something that's so awesome set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment