Sunday, October 8, 2017

Getting buggy

I put up a bunch of bugs tonight.  I painted them with some spots and stripes with black light paint from a few years ago.  My stronger black light will arrive in a few days so hopefully the bugs will light up a bit more.  The black light also has to compete with the orange and green lights I've got on the porch, so I'm not expecting a full black light experience.  But a little bit of light to make them especially creepy.  I also changed out the green led bulb in the mummy.  It was just a tad too bright.  I replaced it with a compact florescent light bulb, which draws more power, but is much easier on the eyes.  Might change my mind on that and go back--the dimmer light is nice on the eyes, but it also obscures a lot of the details of the mummy.  Bit of a balancing act that I may not win.  I put up two sections of spider web the other day, stretching it over about half the porch.  I'm a bit hesitant to continue it closer to the treat display--I don't want it too cluttered.  For the moment though the cockroaches look pretty sweet silhouetted against the backdrop and the red and blue light providing a cool light behind them.



**UPDATE**
I changed out the blacklight that now includes both an LED and a CFL.  So now the bugs are looking a little..shinier..



No comments:

Post a Comment