Saturday, September 30, 2017

Kali Maaa!




The Kali maa cage is a pretty central piece and I've mostly been just collecting pieces for it, but I finally began construction on it the other day.  Lots of math and tweaking of pipe.  My hand was a bit sore from having to make so many cuts with the pipe cutter.  But the shape I'm pretty pleased with and it inadvertently will make a great photo op maybe next year?  For the Halloween party definitely I can sneak some people in there.  I painted it a coppery color, partly to add color and partly to make it shine a bit.  I also fixed a section that will go over 2 pieces of rebar so that it's more stable in the yard.  I ended up using yardsticks for the bars--which the only downside of is that the marks and 'home depot' is engraved in the sticks, so if you look close you can still see the writing, but whatever, I'm not going to worry about it too much.  **UPDATE**  Added some skulls to the sides which I know isn't cannon.  But...you know...artistic license!


No comments:

Post a Comment