Saturday, September 16, 2017

Cauldron light

I finally constructed the cauldron light!
Supplies
  • 1 Plastic bowl
  • Black decor chain
  • Great stuff 
  • Paint
  • Wire, 18 gauge
First off was to make some flames with the great stuff.  Pretty much like making seaweed from a few years ago, but not connected in one solid piece.  I ended up trimming pieces off a few of them to make them a bit more flamey, but generally easy.  I painted them with a layer of gold, then yellow and red.   I painted the plastic bowl gold inside and then black on the outside (or rather, the design that was already on a black bowl)

Once everything was dried, I used a socket light to put the extender in and used the wire to make a loop that fit around the extender.  I played with the chain a bit until I got a length that would be short enough to hide the bulb among the 'flames'.  I drilled 3 holes in the bowl near the rim and attached the chain pieces, then attached the chain to the ring around the extender.  Once all the chain was on, I went around the bowl and glued down the 'flames' around the rim.  Then I hooked in my new light that can change colors and played with a few different looks.  But ultimately, the orange light will go in this one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment