Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Mummy arms

I started to corpsify some arms for the mummy today.  The arms are actually from the dollar store from a few years ago.  They're meant to be novelty salad tongs but Mom and I grabbed up a bunch thinking they could be useful in props.  They're smaller than normal adult hands...but for a $1 they're actually really good quality.  They're originally a grayish color so I first spray painted them white just to make sure they popped under a green light.  Pretty easy first application of the latex and cotton.  Just stretching it out over the fingers very lightly.  I'm not sure at this point how much of the hands will actually be visible and not covered in gauze/wrapping, so I ended up only leaving a small patch at the bottom untouched.

**UPDATE**
Got the mummy arms painted.  May have to go over them with a bit more black....oooor I might leave them.  They'll be covered in a lot of gauze anyways, so they'll probably be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment