Wednesday, November 2, 2016

And it all comes tumbling down...

My sad sad lawn.
I had left the dino display up for an extra night in case anyone wanted to come back one last time.  But it's just going to get colder and I figured it was better to take everything before I got too deep into NaNoWriMo.  The vaguely depressing part is that it always takes far less time than one would expect.  Several weeks spent modifying, adding touches, getting everything just so.  And then maybe 2-3 hours to tear it all down.  Well.  Not quite everything.  I still have the JP gate up.  I'd prefer to have a second person with me, as I'd like to save the column base, and they're a little awkward.  I also need a spot of help putting away Suzie back up into the rafters.  I'm not quite ready to let her go give how cool she turned out.  That'll be a decision for next year maybe.  And I have a pile of fake rocks, but I need to slowly feed those into the recycle week by week so we have room for the usual recycle.  But I'm feeling good in general about how everything came down, and it wasn't as much of a pang to take it down, which is always helpful.  It was such a blast on Halloween that I didn't even mind.  Plus, a lot of stuff is weather worn and clearly starting to fall apart--that also makes it much easier to pull up and throw out.  The only bummer spot was when I pulled everything up from the lawn and saw how much my grass had suffered in the wake of having been covered up for a solid month.  There are pretty large brown patches kind of everywhere.  Not sure if they'll be time for it to heal a bit before the snows fall, but I think it'll bounce back okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment