- Wear slip on shoes, as trying to get into dino costume in shoes is terrible and filled with anguish. And trying to put on non-slip on shoes once IN a dinosaur costume is also terrible...if hilarious.
- Have a light sweater as it can get cold once the dino suit is taken off--mostly warm inside it, but we want options.
- Exaggerated movements look really good. Big head bobs, waving of arms, throwing out the feet. Hunching over like a hunchback, or gollum, works as it lowers the head and makes you look predatory.
- For posing/pictures, make sure to show your profile, as otherwise all the camera sees is a large open mouth or a mesh piece.
- Running IS possible (if not recommended) if you use short steps, like a wee toddler.
So it was definitely worth the dry run. And I got some hilarious video of a dino dancing as well as some shots with everything set up.