Thursday, October 27, 2016

Carving night (part 3)

More like carving day, but it was a lone one.  Having the pumpkins already gutted makes everything so much easier, and then the sticker paper makes it possible to get straight to the carving.  So I was able to breeze through 2 carvings pretty easily.  I went with the late great Gene Wilder, and Bowie.  This year lost a lot of really good people, including my cousin Tom.  I've been thinking about him a lot lately--he was a huge Halloween freak and would really get into the season.

I might try to do one more tonight...or it might turn into tomorrow's task.  The rest of the day has been spent productively putting together my treats for my trick-or-treaters.  200 of them (just in case).  My highest ever count was 180, but that was also Harry Potter.  I have no idea what kind of draw the Jurassic Park theme is going to bring in, but I usually plan for 200 just in case there's a weird flukey surge.  So today was mostly spent filling brown paper sacks with a dino kit, a toothbrush, a magnifying glass, a wee card with instructions, then taping it up with a dino sticker.  Surprisingly time consuming.  Like, around seven hours, give or take. But they're all done!  Woot!  I was hoping to have them all set juuuust in case I get a few random ones on Saturday.

**UPDATE**
I did an Alan Rickman because it's kind of turned into memorial pumpkin row.  *sniff*





No comments:

Post a Comment