Saturday, September 17, 2016

Waterfall


I've been trying to put together the waterfall bit by bit.  Tonight I was able to try out some of the lights and see what it's going to (very roughly) look like.  So the basic idea is to have blue netting attached from the top of the porch coming down over the bush and towards the bottom to a kiddie pool that mom found me this summer.  I'm going to turn over the kiddie pool so that it doesn't collect water, and the lights will be covered with blue tablecloths to dim the LED brightness of them.  So tonight once it was dark, I played around with how the lights under the kiddie pool and the tablecloths were going to look.  I might need to get one more set of netting to get them fully under the kiddie pool.  Then again, I'm not sure I'll need it if the rocks cover it pretty well.  There may have to be some maneuvering.  Or more rocks.  Probably both.

Initially I thought I could put my blue water gobo light behind it, but once I did, there was not really enough of a difference to make it worthwhile.  So that at least is something gained from doing a dry run.  That and looking at pretty lights.  Which is always a win.


Lou photoboming the waterfall
Not a toilet...it just kind of looks it.

No comments:

Post a Comment