Sunday, September 11, 2016

Plethora of Pillows

One of my goals over the last few years has been to make some nicer pieces for Halloween with quilting and such; there are so many gorgeous items out there, it's hard not to want to try them all.  So this year's contribution has been the Haunted Hill wall hanging, and now some blocks to go up next to it, along with some pillows/pillowcases to haunt up things a bit.  For this body pillow, I pulled out the old thermobond and adhered some spider silhouettes I found onto some bright fabric.  I picked a spiderweb pattern for the background, adhered the spiders to them, and then sewed it into a pillowcase for one of my body pillows.  Making a pillowcase instead of just a pillow allows for less bulky packing away of things, and it allows me to use things I already have.  That said, I'm also making a bunch of just stuffed pillows, though much smaller than this.

Did a few more 5.  The first two I made from this new Halloween fabric I picked up this year, but I wanted an applique of some of the detail on the fabric.  So I took a close up picture of one of the designs, blew it up on the computer and used it as a template for the applique.  Turned out pretty cute of a cat and an owl.  The other 3 were envelope pillowcases I made out of some glow in the dark Halloween fabric to slip over some spring pillows I had.

Finished up the "shutters" to go on either side of the Haunted Hill pattern.  Pretty easy assembly--just strips, then lightly quilted, then bound.  I put everything up on the wall to get a look at everything--I'm generally pleased.  I'm still not sure what I'm going to do for the bottom piece--I have a couple of thoughts, but I want to sleep on it before making a final decision.  

No comments:

Post a Comment