Sunday, August 28, 2016

Rocking out

The rocks got started today.  I have a kiddie pool that will be turned over with possibly some lights underneath, but I needed some rocks to go around it so I pulled together some $ store baskets with zip ties and added a few papers taped up with more paper.  I attached everything together in a rough rock formation.  The next step was to put several cans of great stuff foam all over the whole thing.  I currently have 2 formations.  Going to definitely need more though.  I had picked up about 8 cans, but I think I'm going to need more.  I really should just buy the stuff in bulk each year; I usually end up going through quite a few each time.  The only suckish thing is that they don't keep; definitely need 'fresh'.

**UPDATE**
I just realized I hadn't added further pictures of these, though I've been working on them periodically. Initially I painted them different types of brown...but it started to look a little...fecal.  So I added a bunch of greens to simulate a more mossy color.  The final look will work well for rocks meant to be around a waterfall/pool.  I've also made a few more, for a total of 4 pieces.  

No comments:

Post a Comment