Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Painting Dinos (Part 1)

So the first of the painting got underway late tonight.  I decided to just go for it and paint the base color at least.  I'll go back over him and add eyes, spots/scales/something with some neon colors to make him a little more bright and noticeable.  But this was the first time that I was able to see if they looked even close to how I imagined them.  So far so good.  Tentatively optimistic.  I also went ahead and spray painted the rest of the mouths red.  I'll need to go back and paint the teeth white, but I expected that.  Might need some more dark green paint too as I only have the one can.  I used a lighter green for the belly--I'm wondering if I should make them lighter so they'll be more visible at night under the lights.  Of course, I can add some neon on the back and that should brighten it a bit.  I think I'll do a prototype with this guy and see what he looks like under some lighting after all the marks are on there.

I also went ahead and spray painted Bert's mouth with a bright red followed by a light layer of black gloss.  I wanted contrasting colors for his mouth and tongue, which is why the gloss.  Still have yet to make the tongue.  I was hoping my old can of Great Stuff foam was still good, but alas, it had expired and had to be tossed entirely.  I'll pick some up tomorrow.  Along with more paint and pvc items to construct a stand for Bert to sit upon.  The home depot people are probably getting sick of me...