Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Alcove lights

Got several things in the mail today, as well as made a stop at Michael's and figured out some lights for the skull window/alcove things.  One of the things I picked up were some battery tea lights (nice bright ones) and I fashioned some candles out of cardstock.  My initial impulse was to do plastic cups, maybe modpodged with tissue paper.  Then the voice inside my head was all "duuuude...you're overthinking this...totally just tape some paper together...it'll be fiiiiine."  So I did.  I made several candles this way, then taped them all together so they're less likely to blow away.  Tried them out tonight once it was properly dark.  They look waaaay cool.  Pictures aren't great--they just don't pick up what the human eye does, but yeah, cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment