Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Wizard Chess

BEHOLD!  A PROJECT HAS BEEN COMPLETED!! 

Phew.  Okay, so I've been cutting out squares the last few days when I've had a bit of time.  32 squares each for black and white fleece.  Tonight I spent several hours sewing the 12x12" squares together into a very large checkerboard pattern.  A border maaaay get put on, but I'm not going to stress over it.  My next thought on this project was to get some d.i. pillowcases, and maybe do an iron on transfer of some chess pieces.  Again, may or may not get done.  Point being, the blanket is done, so now it's only like...er...44(?) projects to do.....*sigh*

Pieces all cut out

Eight strips of eight sewn together


Four strips of 2 strips wide

The two final pieces

Completed blanket.  Measures around 7.5 x 7.5.  Didn't nail the corner pieces every time, but it looks okay for a basic blanket that'll serve as seating.  

No comments:

Post a Comment