Tuesday, June 24, 2014

School Trunks

This was the first draft
This version is what I ultimately went with.
Had a thought that with all the various papers and pamphlets, wands, candy boxes, etc, it's a lot to carry around/keep track of for the party.  So I figured the best way to store it?  Obviously a Hogwarts school trunk!  Already had some brown paper bags from long ago (big enough to store everything).  Added a few strips of paper that looked like leather.  I initially printed out some leather looking texture I found on the internet, and then realized (dur) I could just stop by my local craft store and find some scrapbook paper without using my ink up.  I cut the paper up into ~ 1 inch strips and put them lengthwise on the bag with glue sticks.  While I was at the craft store, I also found some iron on little squares (meant to be used on jeans) but that would totally look awesome as rivets on the trunk and add a little dimension.  The last step was to look up a chest latch or keyhole, print them out, and cut them up closely.  I played with a few layout options for all the elements, but ultimately ended up with this variation.  I also made up some "luggage tags" that had a line for a name to be added to keep track of all the bags.

**UPDATE**

Finally put on all of the rivets to the 'trunks' and put on ALL the luggage tags.  They're all ready to go--just have to figure out the best way to display them--open or kept flat.




No comments:

Post a Comment