Friday, May 23, 2014

Porch Plans 2014

So given the theme of this Halloween (Harry Potter) there were several different options about what I could do for the porch--the main focal point for Halloween.

Eventually I decided to go with Azkaban prison.  While I still believe in my golden rule to (try) not to scare the crap out of little kids, I have wanted to push that a bit in the last couple of years.  I'm hoping to get a few friends to dress up like dementors and 'guard' the prison/front lawn.  Also possibly dressing up as a prisoner and crawl in between the space between the porch and laundry rollers.

So the cells will be held up by those laundry rollers spaced a couple feet apart from each other.  I'm hoping this will be enough to hold everything up against the (inevitable) wind.

One of the other things I'd like to do on the driveway is to set up a little photo op around a wanted wizard poster.  I'll either use some baseboards, or another laundry roller.  I get a lot of parents who take pictures next to my props, but I thought it would be fun to set up something specifically designed for that.

I'm also considering adding another 1-2 photo ops.  Maybe a house elf, or an owl...or maybe even a scene catching a snitch.  But these would be a little more like face cut outs.  Just grab a piece of plywood, cut out a hole, nail some feet on it, paint it.  In theory.  It'll depend greatly on my laziness factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment