Friday, July 5, 2013

Ocean Lights

So a new toy was waiting for me on my doorstep when I came home today. It was the light projector that mimics the ocean! This was a key problem that I've been trying to figure out how to semi-cheaply solve. There are of course elaborate (read: expensive) machines/gobos that will throw any texture that you want up on the ceiling/wall/etc. But I had been searching for a cheap alternative. After some searching, I found at amazon this little device that's designed for a soothing bath, or bedroom under the sea theme. The features I loved about it--it proclaimed to be moving lights, it was mobile/had batteries--very important as I prefer to not overload the light sockets if I don't have to--but it does have an adaptor, so I can also set it on a timer if I want to.





So I went back and ordered two more. I tried them out on the porch--with something to cast them on, it'll look cool--maybe just a little fabric, or even a semi-opaque plastic sheet would work. Either way, relief. Many faults can be covered over with cool lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment