Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Poisoned Apples

So the lovely UPS man brought my oriental trading box today. Among other goodies were the sack of plastic apples to complete the poisoned apple tree. Now, admittedly, they're a bit hokey looking. But I figured they'll fit in well with the tree that's made out of fabric and paper leaves.

I took some brown yarn and wound a piece around the stem of each piece so I can attach them to the branches.
I also added on a skull and bones that I printed on a red piece of paper (though unfortunately they don't match). Again, a little hokey looking, but short of having artistic skill and spending a lot more time on the dozen apples, this is an easy fix.
**UPDATE**

Have now hung up the apples onto the tree. The apples ended up being a good match to the paper leaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment