Thursday, October 11, 2012

Mantle Lights

Ugh. Finally, FINALLY figured out why the porch lights were being dumb with the timer--turns out, it's a complicated timer. I'm used to the super stupid ones. This one required brain cells. So I sacrificed several in getting it up and running. I think that's all the bugs with them, but the real test will be tomorrow morning to see if they're still on--cross your fingers.

Another electrical project I tackled was the lights for the mantle. They randomly decided to DIE, so I had to unplug them and throw away. Rummaged in the garage in the box o lights and came up with some purple ones. I ended up putting these up higher up to the ceiling for several reasons. The first of which is that the higher they go, the more light they cast in the room. Plus, it lights up the painting I have hanging above the fireplace. I'm also less fearful that the lights are going to pull down the stuff on the mantle which tends to be more breakable and delicate. It would kill me if something happened to my Dracula that my uncle carved for me. And so it's more of a safety issue. I'm generally pleased with the way it is now--though there are still a few things I'd like to add...if I can find them...

No comments:

Post a Comment